Junior Committee applications open on Monday, January 15, 2024 and close on January 31, 2024.
UCHS created its first-ever Junior Committee for the 2023 show, selected from a competitive applicant pool of local junior equestrians. The Committee Members will be on site the week of the show, assisting show staff with the myriad of events production duties and community engagement required to execute a major competition.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 18 as of January 1, 2024.
- Applicants must have an interest in the local community, and a strong interest in the horse show. Applicants are not required to be competitive show riders; they may be Pony Club Members, fox hunters, pleasure riders, or not even ride at all!
- Applicants should demonstrate that they are comfortable working as part of a special events team. Applicants must be reliable, conscientious, critical thinkers and be able to execute tasks with minimal supervision and must be able to commit to monthly meetings during the spring and 12 total hours during Upperville Jump4Fun on June 2, 2024 in addition to the regular horse show June 3-9, 2024.
- Junior committee members will be required to attend monthly meetings, in person or via Zoom during the Spring. During the Horse Show, Committee Members will be required to assist with numerous duties, including but not limited to ribbons and awards, trophy presentations, assist with office and operations, assist with show patron questions and help run the Junior Committee Ice Cream Social. Committee members may be required to give tours and assist with hospitality events. Although the week is long, hours will be flexible and allow for opportunity to be a spectator and exhibitor.
- All hours spent prior to and during the horse show may be submitted for Volunteer Hours or Credits as required by Committee Members’ schools.
Applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be contacted directly.